Knockout Live & Online Group results! Who’s on top & who goes to Resurrection matches?
There were surprises and upsets aplenty in the opening weeks of GPL China Season 1, but after 3 days of online action and 3 full days of 3-round live action we finally have the final rankings of each of the league’s’ 3 knockout groups (A,B & C): There were surprises and upsets aplenty in the opening weeks of GPL China Season 1, but after 3 days of online action and 3 full days of 3-round live action we finally have the final rankings of each of the league’s’ 3 knockout groups (A,B & C).
Here’s the ranks from each group – and remember that the top 2 scoring teams of each 4 team group moved directly into the Playoffs. Meanwhile, the bottom 2 teams in each group were relegated to the “Resurrection game”
What’s the Resurrection game? Glad you asked. The bottom 50% of teams in each of GPL China Season 1’s knockout stage groups all gets pooled together to play a “last chance” stage – the top 2 scoring teams (of the 6 total relegated teams) win their way back into Playoffs contention. It’s GG for the other 4 teams. They’ll have to wait until season 2 to compete for GPL China glory.
With that bit of catch-up out of the way – here are the results for Knockout Stage Groups A, B and C:
- 1st: Taiwan Black Bears (89 pts.)
- 2nd: Shanghai Golden Tigers (71 pts.)
- 3rd: Beijing Great Dragons (48 pts.)
- 4th: Macau Lions (24 pts.)
- 1st: Tianjin Guardians (84 pts.)
- 2nd: Xian Warriors (70 pts.)
- 3rd: Shenzhen Eagles (46 pts.)
- 4th: Guangzhou Pioneers (32 pts.)
- 1st: Kunming Phoenix (71 pts.)
- 2nd: Hong Kong Treasure Ships (60 pts.)
- 3rd: Chengdu Pandas (57 pts.)
- 4th: Hangzhou Legends (44 pts.)
Be sure to tune in to see what the final 8 playoffs qualifiers will look like! We have 6 locks (the top 2 in each group) – but it remains to be seen which tenacious 2 of 6 Resurrection teams will fight their way back from the GPL Season 1 graveyard!